Perhaps you have heard of quantum jumping. Or perhaps not. In short, it is being touted as:
As with many new(?) ideas, quantum jumping will undoubtedly come your way, sooner or later, so here are some questions to consider in the meantime:
▪ an “interdimensional quest for a better you;”
▪ a means to learn or improve skills already mastered by your more advanced, parallel selves;
▪ a way to increase proficiency and efficiency in life and business management.
▪ Is quantum jumping just a polished version of the old astral projection,1 now given a quantum boost in order to bounce it from the occult / paranormal realm into a science one?Perhaps we should just stay put for now and read a lot more in
▪ If one leaves one’s body, does that create a vacuum?
▪ What does science observe about vacuums?2
▪ What is likely to fill that vacuum if some entity is looking for a home?3
▪ With all the images and avatars floating around (including those in dreams ’n nightmares), how can one be sure one has encountered a parallel self or just some image-clone with a hidden agenda?
▪ Does quantum jumping foster mindfulness or a mad travel-quest for the perfect, parallel other self?
▪ Does quantum jumping resemble queue-jumping, where one abandons the messy, frustrating pursuit of one’s earth-purpose in order to explore the infinite gamut of more advanced alternatives up ahead? (or down! as the case may prove!)
▪ If one finds that “better self,” would that tempt one to give up on this earthly corpus and opt to just become a comfortable, contented pig in the sty of Epicurus (or perhaps worse)?4
▪ Is quantum jumping also a form of (attempted) queue-jumping in similitude of the fallen Lucifer?5
▪ Could q-jumping be a counterfeit—a delusional imitation of what God gifts to some who have proven themselves faithful to revealed, divine Truth?—and that true spiritual ascension can never come by way of extortion?6
Scripture,7and perhaps, on occasion, juxtapose it against the truths and conjectures in a work such as
Who Am I?- And If So, How Many?: A Philosophical Journey-----------------------/
by Richard David Precht (2011).8
1. From http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Astral_projection : “Astral projection (or astral travel) is an interpretation of out-of-body experience (OBE) that assumes the existence of an "astral body" separate from the physical body and capable of travelling outside it [but often mysteriously tethered to it, facilitating a snap-back]. Astral projection or travel denotes the astral body leaving the physical body to travel in an astral plane. The idea of astral travel is rooted in common worldwide religious accounts of the afterlife in which the consciousness' or soul's journey or "ascent" is described in such terms as "an... out-of body experience, wherein the spiritual traveller leaves the physical body and travels in his/her subtle body (or dreambody or astral body) into ‘higher’ realms." It is frequently reported in association with dreams, and forms of meditation.”
2. From http://science.howstuffworks.com/question200.htm : “From our daily experience with nature, it does seem like nature abhors a vacuum. If you create a vacuum inside a container here on Earth, nature will fill the container with air very quickly if you give it the chance (for example, by puncturing the container).” [Or where there is perhaps some hole, like say—a nostril!?]
3. New Testament | Mark 5:8-9, 12-13 ~ For [Jesus] said unto him, Come out of the man, thou unclean spirit. And he asked him, What is thy name? And he answered, saying, My name is Legion: for we are many…. And all the devils besought him, saying, Send us into the swine, that we may enter into them. And forthwith Jesus gave them leave. And the unclean spirits went out, and entered into the swine: and the herd ran violently down a steep place into the sea, (they were about two thousand;) and were choked in the sea.
4. From http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hedonism: “Epicureanism is a system of philosophy based upon the teachings of Epicurus (c. 341–c. 270 BC), founded around 307 BC. … Epicurus believed that the greatest good was to seek modest, sustainable "pleasure" in the form of a state of tranquility and freedom from fear (ataraxia) and absence of bodily pain (aponia) through knowledge of the workings of the world and the limits of our desires. The combination of these two states is supposed to constitute happiness in its highest form. Although Epicureanism is a form of hedonism, insofar as it declares pleasure as the sole intrinsic good, its conception of absence of pain as the greatest pleasure and its advocacy of a simple life make it different from "hedonism" as it is commonly understood.”
5. Old Testament | Isaiah 14:13-14 ~ For thou [Lucifer] hast said in thine heart, I will ascend into heaven, I will exalt my throne above the stars of God: I will sit also upon the mount of the congregation, in the sides of the north: I will ascend above the heights of the clouds; I will be like the most High. (See also Book of Mormon | 2 Nephi 24:13-14)
New Testament | 2 Thessalonians 2:3-4 ~ … the son of perdition; Who opposeth and exalteth himself above all that is called God, or that is worshipped; so that he as God sitteth in the temple of God, shewing himself that he is God.
Doctrine and Covenants | Section 29:36 ~ [B]ehold, the devil was before Adam, for he rebelled against me, saying, Give me thine honor, which is my power;
Pearl of Great Price | Moses 4:3 ~ Wherefore, because that Satan rebelled against me, and sought to destroy the agency of man, which I, the Lord God, had given him, and also, that I should give unto him mine own power; by the power of mine Only Begotten, I caused that he should be cast down;
6. Doctrine and Covenants | Section 88:68 ~ Therefore, sanctify yourselves that your minds become single to God, and the days will come that you shall see him; for he will unveil his face unto you, and it shall be in his own time, and in his own way, and according to his own will. [Bold emphasis added.]
New Testament | 1 Corinthians 6:9 - 10 ~ Know ye not that the unrighteous shall not inherit the kingdom of God? Be not deceived: neither fornicators, nor idolaters, nor adulterers, nor effeminate, nor abusers of themselves with mankind, Nor thieves, nor covetous, nor drunkards, nor revilers, nor extortioners, shall inherit the kingdom of God.
7. New Testament | 2 Timothy 3:14-17 ~ But continue thou in the things which thou hast learned and hast been assured of, knowing of whom thou hast learned them; And that from a child thou hast known the holy scriptures, which are able to make thee wise unto salvation through faith which is in Christ Jesus. All scripture is given by inspiration of God, and is profitable for doctrine, for reproof, for correction, for instruction in righteousness: That the man of God may be perfect, throughly furnished unto all good works.
8. Some portions of this book can be read free online at https://books.google.ca/books?id=JWIMkYxBOIAC&pg=PA245&lpg=PA245&dq=pig+epicurus&source=bl&ots=GMTSOzZGh8&sig=g_w5b799ifM--IB5u97jxqzUHpw&hl=en&sa=X&ei=8Gr-VP-AG8v0oASrx4HoAg&ved=0CDIQ6AEwBDgK#v=onepage&q=pig%20epicurus&f=false
If you encounter a note about "unavailable pages," just keep hitting the forward arrow at the top to advance to more available pages ahead.