For I, the Lord, have put forth my hand to exert the powers of heaven; ye cannot see it now, yet a little while and ye shall see it, and know that I am, and that I will come and reign with my people.1Meanwhile,
... verily I [the Lord] say unto you, the rest of my servants, go ye forth as your circumstances [and technology] shall permit, in your several callings, unto the great and notable cities and villages, reproving the world in righteousness of all their unrighteous and ungodly deeds, setting forth clearly and understandingly the desolation of abomination in the last days.2So, how are we, “the rest of My servants,” doing? Are we sufficiently awake to a sense of our awful situation3 so as to be rending the heavens with cries for
11 And Asa cried unto the LORD his God, and said, LORD, it is nothing with thee to help, whether with many, or with them that have no power: help us, O LORD our God; for we rest on thee, and in thy name we go against this multitude. O LORD, thou art our God; let not man prevail against thee.4Are we really crying for help? Can we allow ourselves to discern the depth of evil design that is bent on the destruction of the world as God created it? and admit how far we have allowed that evil design to get above us? Do we think our cries manifest weakness? Will our cries for help make a difference? Can we cry out and trust at the same time?
9 If, when evil cometh upon us, as the sword, judgment, or pestilence, or famine, we stand before this house, and in thy presence, (for thy name is in this house,) and cry unto thee in our affliction, then thou wilt hear and help.5
1 PLEAD my cause, O LORD, with them that strive with me: fight against them that fight against me.
2 Take hold of shield and buckler, and stand up for mine help.6
17 Therefore may God grant unto you, my brethren, that ye may begin to exercise your faith unto repentance, that ye begin to call upon his holy name, that he would have mercy upon you;
18 Yea, cry unto him for mercy; for he is mighty to save.
19 Yea, humble yourselves, and continue in prayer unto him.
20 Cry unto him when ye are in your fields, yea, over all your flocks.
21 Cry unto him in your houses, yea, over all your household, both morning, mid–day, and evening.
22 Yea, cry unto him against the power of your enemies.
23 Yea, cry unto him against the devil, who is an enemy to all righteousness.
24 Cry unto him over the crops of your fields, that ye may prosper in them.
25 Cry over the flocks of your fields, that they may increase.
26 But this is not all; ye must pour out your souls in your closets, and your secret places, and in your wilderness.
27 Yea, and when you do not cry unto the Lord, let your hearts be full, drawn out in prayer unto him continually for your welfare, and also for the welfare of those who are around you.7
10 Fear thou not; for I am with thee: be not dismayed; for I am thy God: I will strengthen thee; yea, I will help thee; yea, I will uphold thee with the right hand of my righteousness.8--------------------------/
1. Doctrine and Covenants | Section 84:119 | Yes, this was given in 1832, being 189 years ago, and maybe we still can't see it (what God's hand did to exert the powers of heaven), but the things we should be able to see and discern are the woeful conditions of our latter-day world; how much is already being destroyed around us, not at the hand of nature, but by the corrupted, misused, and abused technologies of man.
2. Doctrine and Covenants | Section 84:117
3. Book of Mormon | Ether 8:24-25 ~ Wherefore, the Lord commandeth you, when ye shall see these things come among you that ye shall awake to a sense of your awful situation, because of this secret combination which shall be among you; or wo be unto it, because of the blood of them who have been slain; for they cry from the dust for vengeance upon it, and also upon those who built it up. For it cometh to pass that whoso buildeth it up seeketh to overthrow the freedom of all lands, nations, and countries; and it bringeth to pass the destruction of all people, for it is built up by the devil, who is the father of all lies; even that same liar who beguiled our first parents, yea, even that same liar who hath caused man to commit murder from the beginning; who hath hardened the hearts of men that they have murdered the prophets, and stoned them, and cast them out from the beginning. (Bold emphasis added.)
4. Old Testament | 2 Chronicles 14:11
5. Old Testament | 2 Chronicles 20:9
6. Old Testament | Psalms 35:1-2
7. Book of Mormon | Alma 34:17-27
8. Old Testament | Isaiah 41:10
A few more messages of help and hope:
Old Testament | 2 Chronicles 32:7-8 ~ Be strong and courageous, be not afraid nor dismayed for the king of Assyria, nor for all the multitude that is with him: for there be more with us than with him: With him is an arm of flesh; but with us is the LORD our God to help us, and to fight our battles. And the people rested themselves upon the words of Hezekiah king of Judah.
Old Testament | Psalms 12:1 ~ HELP, LORD; for the godly man ceaseth; for the faithful fail from among the children of men.
New Testament | Hebrews 13:6 ~ So that we may boldly say, The Lord is my helper, and I will not fear what man shall do unto me.
Old Testament | Psalms 37:39-40 ~ But the salvation of the righteous is of the LORD: he is their strength in the time of trouble. And the LORD shall help them, and deliver them: he shall deliver them from the wicked, and save them, because they trust in him.
Old Testament | Psalms 46:1 ~ GOD is our refuge and strength, a very present help in trouble.
Old Testament | Psalms 28:7 ~ The LORD is my strength and my shield; my heart trusted in him, and I am helped: therefore my heart greatly rejoiceth; and with my song will I praise him.
Old Testament | Isaiah 49:8 ~ Thus saith the LORD, In an acceptable time have I heard thee, and in a day of salvation have I helped thee: and I will preserve thee, and give thee for a covenant of the people, to establish the earth, to cause to inherit the desolate heritages;
New Testament | Romans 8:26 ~ Likewise the Spirit also helpeth our infirmities: for we know not what we should pray for as we ought: but the Spirit itself maketh intercession
Doctrine and Covenants | Section 109:43–44 ~ O Lord, we delight not in the destruction of our fellow men; their souls are precious before thee; But thy word must be fulfilled. Help thy servants to say, with thy grace assisting them: Thy will be done, O Lord, and not ours.