Ye shall not add unto the word which I command you, neither shall ye diminish ought from it, … (Old Testament | Deuteronomy 4:2, see also 12:32);▪ IF … man doth not comprehend all the things which the Lord can comprehend. (Book of Mormon | Mosiah 4:9);
▪ IF Satan and his minions have co-opted and corrupted almost every sign, symbol, mark, and meaning of God’s communion with man (including sun, moon, stars, rainbows, covenants, shapes, numbers, prophecies, light, etc., etc.);
then, as we try to understand the following things, it might help to consider God’s added words:
Timing of the Savior’s death compared to His birth?
And now it came to pass, if there was no mistake made by this man in the reckoning of our time, the thirty and third year had passed away; And the people began to look with great earnestness for the sign which had been given by the prophet Samuel, the Lamanite, yea, for the time that there should be darkness for the space of three days over the face of the land. And there began to be great doubtings and disputations among the people, notwithstanding so many signs had been given. And it came to pass in the thirty and fourth year, in the first month, on the fourth day of the month, there arose a great storm, such an one as never had been known in all the land. And there was also a great and terrible tempest; and there was terrible thunder, insomuch that it did shake the whole earth as if it was about to divide asunder. And there were exceedingly sharp lightnings, such as never had been known in all the land. (Book of Mormon | 3 Nephi 8:2-7, bold emphasis added.)A moving or unmoving earth, planets, sun, moon, etc.?3
Yea, and if he [our great and everlasting God, v. 8] say unto the earth—Move—it is moved. Yea, if he say unto the earth—Thou shalt go back, that it lengthen out the day for many hours—it is done; And thus, according to his word the earth goeth back, and it appeareth unto man that the sun standeth still; yea, and behold, this is so; for surely it is the earth that moveth and not the sun. (Book of Mormon | Helaman 12:13-15)More meanings than we imagine?
The earth rolls upon her wings, and the sun giveth his light by day, and the moon giveth her light by night, and the stars also give their light, as they roll upon their wings in their glory, in the midst of the power of God. (Doctrine and Covenants | Section 88:45, bold emphasis added.)
And the Lord said unto me, by the Urim and Thummim, that Kolob was after the manner of the Lord, according to its times and seasons in the revolutions thereof; that one revolution was a day unto the Lord, after his manner of reckoning, it being one thousand years according to the time appointed unto that whereon thou standest. This is the reckoning of the Lord's time, according to the reckoning of Kolob. And the Lord said unto me: The planet which is the lesser light, lesser than that which is to rule the day, even the night, is above or greater than that upon which thou standest in point of reckoning, for it moveth in order more slow; this is in order because it standeth above the earth upon which thou standest, therefore the reckoning of its time is not so many as to its number of days, and of months, and of years. (Pearl of Great Price | Abraham 3:4-5, bold emphasis added.)
Fig. 4. Answers to the Hebrew word Raukeeyang, signifying expanse, or the firmament of the heavens; also a numerical figure, in Egyptian signifying one thousand; answering to the measuring of the time of Oliblish, which is equal with Kolob in its revolution and in its measuring of time. (Pearl of Great Price | Abraham 2 Fac.:4, bold emphasis added.)
A time to come in the which nothing shall be withheld, … All thrones and dominions, principalities and powers, shall be revealed … And also, if there be bounds set to the heavens or to the seas, or to the dry land, or to the sun, moon, or stars—All the times of their revolutions, all the appointed days, months, and years, and all the days of their days, months, and years, and all their glories, laws, and set times, shall be revealed in the days of the dispensation of the fulness of times—(Doctrine and Covenants | Section 121:28-31, bold emphasis added.)
God’s prophecies may encompass more meanings than we imagine, so when we try and confine Him to “either / or” meanings we go astray or abide in confusion.4 So, if the “beast” in New Testament Revelations 17:7 has multiple heads and crowns, could it also have multiple expressions of the mark (13:18) depending on which head is manifesting? Could Babylon be a city AND a church (or churches) AND a corporate mercantile system AND a nation or league of nations, etc. etc.? Could some prophecy contain multiple meanings, depending on the image in the mind of the speaker?5 depending on the relevant archetype? depending on time and place and people?Satan’s co-opting and corruption of truth:
Perhaps we shouldn’t be so dismissive or quick to declare that someone’s use of a sign, symbol, mark etc. reveals them to be a follower of Satan, Babylon, the illuminati (or more accurately: d-lluminati), and so forth, especially when original symbols and meanings began with God. Are He and His people not still entitled to use them where and how He wishes and directs? We are told: “By their fruits ye shall know them,”There is a lot to consider in studying the things of God, so let us also consider this
But as you cannot always judge the righteous, or as you cannot always tell the wicked from the righteous, therefore I say unto you, hold your peace until I shall see fit to make all things known unto the world concerning the matter.6Thus, we must also appeal in righteousness for the discerning spirit of the Holy Ghost to inform us what is of God and what comes as false light or incomplete enlightenment.
“The greatest barrier to truth is the conviction that one already has it [all].”7----------------------/
1. Book of Mormon | 2 Nephi 29:11-12, 14 ~ I [God] command all men, both in the east and in the west, and in the north, and in the south, and in the islands of the sea, that they shall write the words which I speak unto them; for out of the books which shall be written I will judge the world, every man according to their works, according to that which is written. For behold, I shall speak unto the Jews and they shall write it; and I shall also speak unto the Nephites and they shall write it; and I shall also speak unto the other tribes of the house of Israel, which I have led away, and they shall write it; and I shall also speak unto all nations of the earth and they shall write it. … And it shall come to pass that … my word also shall be gathered in one.
Pearl of Great Price | Articles of Faith 1:9 ~ We believe all that God has revealed, all that He does now reveal, and we believe that He will yet reveal many great and important things pertaining to the Kingdom of God.
2. Book of Mormon | 3 Nephi 2:6-8 ~ And six hundred and nine years had passed away since Lehi left Jerusalem. And nine years had passed away from the time when the sign was given, which was spoken of by the prophets, that Christ should come into the world. Now the Nephites began to reckon their time from this period when the sign [of His birth] was given, or from the coming of Christ; therefore, nine years had passed away.
3. To the passionate geocentric and flat earth advocates: If our earth were enclosed by a dome or within a bubble of firmaments, could we not still be moving along various planes and yet not feel effects of motion, just like driving in a car, plane, train, etc. By being isolated from cosmic externals, we do not get the clues of motion that we get when using earthly means of transportation. See http://www.dejavu-times.blogspot.ca/2015/12/the-babylon-con.html
4. Excerpt from previous blog post: http://dejavu-timestwo.blogspot.ca/2016/03/3-flags.html
» Too often we seem to overlay restrictions on God’s meanings. Take for example the following queries:
Doctrine and Covenants | Section 77:3 ~ Q. Are the four beasts limited to individual beasts, or do they represent classes or orders?
A. They are limited to four individual beasts, which were shown to John, to represent the glory of the classes of beings in their destined order or sphere of creation, in the enjoyment of their eternal felicity.
Book of Mormon | 1 Nephi 22:1-3 ~ AND now it came to pass that after I, Nephi, had read these things which were engraven upon the plates of brass, my brethren came unto me and said unto me: What meaneth these things which ye have read? Behold, are they to be understood according to things which are spiritual, which shall come to pass according to the spirit and not the flesh? And I, Nephi, said unto them: Behold they were manifest unto the prophet by the voice of the Spirit; for by the Spirit are all things made known unto the prophets, which shall come upon the children of men according to the flesh. Wherefore, the things of which I have read are things pertaining to things both temporal and spiritual; … [bold emphasis added]
God’s replies were not confined to an either / or paradigm because a compound understanding was required. We encounter this all the time—people passionately defending their “theory” against some other “theory” when, in God’s comprehension, economy, and plan, dual or multiple explanations fit. «
6. Doctrine and Covenants | Section 10:37
7. Author of this quote or its similar versions is unknown at this time.