How to Save Everyone?
mortal tyrants2 should have taught us—force requires a vast army of enforcers and considerable risk of rebellion and coup. Even with propaganda, bullying, trauma-based mind control, medications, implants, and other technologies, individual will remains a volatile factor. This is not to say that psychopaths might not imagine total control is in their power, but perhaps there are other less onerous schemes that Lucifer might have imagined to save everyone.
Here are two possibilities:
1) Do away with Law
Because the law worketh wrath: for where no law is, there is no transgression. (New Testament | Romans 4:15)2) Endless Re-Cycling
... sin is not imputed when there is no law. (New Testament | Romans 5:13)
Wherefore, he has given a law; and where there is no law given there is no punishment; and where there is no punishment there is no condemnation; and where there is no condemnation the mercies of the Holy One of Israel have claim upon them, because of the atonement; for they are delivered by the power of him. (Book of Mormon | 2 Nephi 9:25)
Now, how could a man repent except he should sin? How could he sin if there was no law? How could there be a law save there was a punishment? (Book of Mormon | Alma 42:17)
Now, if there was no law given—if a man murdered he should die—would he be afraid he would die if he should murder? And also, if there was no law given against sin men would not be afraid to sin. And if there was no law given, if men sinned what could justice do, or mercy either, for they would have no claim upon the creature? (Book of Mormon | Alma 42:19-21)
And then shall the heathen nations be redeemed, and they that knew no law shall have part in the first resurrection; and it shall be tolerable for them. (Doctrine and Covenants 45:54)
And if ye shall say there is no law, ye shall also say there is no sin. If ye shall say there is no sin, ye shall also say there is no righteousness. And if there be no righteousness there be no happiness. And if there be no righteousness nor happiness there be no punishment nor misery. And if these things are not there is no God. And if there is no God we are not, neither the earth; for there could have been no creation of things, neither to act nor to be acted upon; wherefore, all things must have vanished away. (Book of Mormon | 2 Nephi 2:13)
For behold that all little children are alive in Christ, and also all they that are without the law. For the power of redemption cometh on all them that have no law; wherefore, he that is not condemned, or he that is under no condemnation, cannot repent; and unto such baptism availeth nothing— (Book of Mormon | Moroni 8:22)
In this “salvation,” all the failures must repeat the test until they finally get it right. In short, re-incarnate until one is worthy to be saved. It might take forever, but if time is not an issue or a pressure, then theoretically everyone could be saved given enough endless “time.” This seems to be one of the teachings of the “Ascended Masters”3 that many new- and old-age mystics encounter during meditations and seeking experiences. For example:
In the Ascended Master Teachings, Ascended Masters are believed to be spiritually enlightened beings who in past incarnation were ordinary humans, but who have undergone a series of spiritual transformations originally called initiations. ... ¶¶ It is believed [by whom?] that Ascended Masters are individuals who were formerly embodied on the Earth and learned the lessons of life during their incarnations. They gained mastery over the limitations of the matter planes, balanced at least 51% of negative karma, and fulfilled their Dharma (divine plan). An Ascended Master, in such an understanding, has become God-like and a source of unconditional "Divine Love" to all life, and through the Ascension has united with his or her own "God Self," the "I AM Presence." ¶ It is further claimed by various groups and teachers that the Ascended Masters serve as the teachers of mankind from the realms of Spirit, and that all people will eventually attain their Ascension and move forward in spiritual evolution beyond this planet. According to these teachings, they remain attentive to the spiritual needs of humanity, and act to inspire and motivate its spiritual growth.4Note the belief “that all people eventually attain their Ascension and move forward in spiritual evolution.”
So what do we make of all this similarity and co-opting/tweaking by the adversary of spiritual truths? How do we discern between the teachings of ascended masters / light workers and the Holy Ghost and true messengers?
And what do the scriptures say about everyone being saved? Don't they tell us that everyone can be if they will repent and do the will of God, but that many will not and will thus be judged and rewarded according to the things that they were willing to receive?
And they who remain shall also be quickened; nevertheless, they shall return again to their own place, to enjoy that which they are willing to receive, because they were not willing to enjoy that which they might have received. (Doctrine and Covenants 88:32)So once again, I find myself uneasy with the salvation concepts of Denver Snuffer—with the required cycling to attain to the “prototype of the saved man.” I don't think such cycling is supported in scripture or in Joseph's words—not even the King Follet discourse. This cycling concept reminds me too much of some of the teachings of those alleged “ascended masters.” I do not yet know enough to judge Snuffer's experiences, but I feel an uneasiness about his cycling/re-cycling teachings.5
*********************This is number six in the FLAG series intended to encourage us in these last days to apply these words of wisdom and warning:
Prove all things; hold fast that which is good.
(New Testament | 1 Thessalonians 5:21)▪ Let that therefore abide in you, which ye have heard from the beginning. If that which ye have heard from the beginning shall remain in you, ye shall continue in the Son, and also in the Father. … These things have I written unto you concerning them that seduce you. (New Testament | JST 1 John 2: 24, 26)
▪ False prophets[†] always arise to oppose the true prophets[†]and they will prophesy so very near the truth that they will deceive almost the very chosen ones.” (Joseph Smith, TPJS, p. 365)
[†] Note: I am not purporting to know for a surety who is false or true in this latter-day, because, as the Lord told Joseph: “you cannot always judge the righteous, or as you cannot always tell the wicked from the righteous, therefore I say unto you, hold your peace until I shall see fit to make all things known unto the world concerning the matter” (Doctrine and Covenants | Section 10:37). And since my peace comes in writing and in trying to “prove ALL things,” I share in these FLAGS things that concern me, hoping that they might help others who are also seeking for the discerning spirit. And since we have been repeatedly warned about the “arm of flesh,” I try to measure ALL latter-day voices and traditions against the Word of God, as best I can.
1. Pearl of Great Price | Moses 4:1 ~ And I, the Lord God, spake unto Moses, saying: That Satan, whom thou hast commanded in the name of mine Only Begotten, is the same which was from the beginning, and he came before me, saying—Behold, here am I, send me, I will be thy son, and I will redeem all mankind, that one soul shall not be lost, and surely I will do it; wherefore give me thine honor.
2. Niccolò [Mock]iavelli ? at http://dejavu-times.blogspot.ca/2014/02/niccolo-mockiavelli.html
3. “The Ascended Masters presently serving Earth humans are largely those Souls that lived numerous lives on Planet Earth ... successfully completed the Initiatory Process as demonstrated to us by Jesus during his last incarnation on Earth and by which he achieved ascension to higher levels of consciousness. They are our elder brothers and sisters in whose footsteps we are to follow by graduating from Planet Earth's Schoolhouse. ¶ In the words of Elizabeth Claire Prophet in her book CLIMB THE HIGHEST MOUNTAIN: The Path of The Higher Self: "Those who become Ascended Masters are immediately enlisted in world service as emissaries of the Most High. Whereas before the ascension, they were instruments of the Holy Spirit at outer levels, they now function as His instruments at 'inner levels,' using the combined Light momentum of all other Ascended Beings to implement the plan of God--Above and Below. Their ministrations mightily assist their unascended brothers and sisters in finding their divine plan and in humbling themselves before their own Divine Identity.” ... Our earthly pathway to ascension involves utter dedication to completing the mission given to us by Mother-Father God. Working with us on this mission will be our Twin Flame who is most often on a higher dimension. ... ¶ Ascended Master Jesus and Ascended Lady Master Mary of Magdala (now called Nada) are examples of individuals who worked together on Earth in accomplishing the mission given them as Twin Flames. Quoting Elizabeth Claire Prophet: "Through such dedicated lifestreams [humankind has] been given insight into the nature of the soul, the purpose of life, and the science of being. Once they had completed the task which the Father sent them to do, many of these holy men and women departed this earth plane, ascending into the Presence of God--into the Consciousness of God. They are known as Ascended Masters precisely because through sacred communion and service to Life, based upon the complete surrender of their human identity patterns, their consciousness became one with His prior to their reunion with the God Self [or I AM PRESENCE]. From this level of complete identification with God, these holy ones continue to illumine with an expanding awareness of God's Mind their brothers and sisters who have not yet graduated from Life's schoolrooms upon this and other planets. Therefore, in our consideration of consciousness we shall look to these teachers who, while yet maintaining contact with [humankind], live and move and have their being in the Great Sea of God's Consciousness; for they have approximated more of God's consciousness than all who remain in the unascended state.” (Nancy B. Detweiler, M.Ed., M.Div. at http://www.pathwaytoascension.com/teachings/intro.html; footnote references omitted in this quote.)
“The teachings of Helen Blavatsky include a group of souls who allegedly earned their right to ascend and return to Earth from time to time as teachers, or just teach from a higher plane of existence. It's all part of human evolution in the alchemy of time. These theories had merit back in the day, but it's the second decade of the 21st century a time to move beyond 19th century thinking and realize the hologram of our reality is ending.” masters. (From: http://www.crystalinks.com/ascendedmasters.html)
4. From https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ascended_master
5. From my understanding of his writings as noted in http://dejavu-timestwo.blogspot.ca/2016/05/4-flags.html ; http://dejavu-timestwo.blogspot.ca/2016/05/5-flags.html