For my thoughts are not your thoughts, neither are your ways my ways, saith the LORD. For as the heavens are higher than the earth, so are my ways higher than your ways, and my thoughts than your thoughts. (Old Testament | Isaiah 55:8-9)But having spent so many years trying to improve on God, I am perhaps hypersensitive to examples in scripture and in our culture1 as I have tried to root out and repent of this disposition in myself. I have come to see in myself and in much of our culture, a continuing manifestation of the war in heaven where the adversary was determined that his plan and perspectives were an improvement on God's.2
Wherefore, ... seek not to counsel the Lord, but to take counsel from his hand. For behold, ye yourselves know that he counseleth in wisdom, and in justice, and in great mercy, over all his works. (Book of Mormon | Jacob 4:10)
Wherefore, enter ye in at the gate, as I have commanded, and seek not to counsel your God. (Doctrine and Covenants | Section 22:4)
Many of these Déjà Vu ~ Times3 and Déjà Vu ~ Times II posts revolve around this theme of mankind's pursuits, corruptions, and catastrophes.4 Many of these so-called “improvements” have been secretly developed and hidden so that most of us go about our business oblivious to the experiments, distortions, and “black tech” corruptions of a divine plan. Thus, while we are preoccupied and distracted, the adversary goes about seeking whom he may devour5 and what he can destroy.6
Satan's “improvements” have gone way beyond “the philosophies of men mingled with scripture.” That has always been a problem as described by Nibley:
To believe of God's word only what checks with our own limited experience; to trust God only as far as we can "control" him by our feeble reasoning; to accept his revelations only where they square with our calculations—that is not faith, but suspicion and doubt. Scholastic philosophy, nay, all conventional theology, is constantly laying down the law as to what God can and cannot do; what is proper and fitting to Deity and what is not. Instead of being controlled by God, those thinkers who would answer the great questions of life insist on sitting at the controls. By their tricks and slogans, they assure us, they are working out concepts which will be adequately plausible for our acceptance: Then we can rejoice that we have found God!7But Satan's latter-day agenda of devour and destroy8 is almost beyond comprehension and belief. Thus, every accountable soul has innumerable opportunities to choose the “world's will, ways, and perspective” versus “God's will, ways, and perspective.”9 Yet from what I see, many of us seem still asleep to what is really going on—what the pursuers of power and gain are escalating; asleep to the déjà vus God is seeing from on high—the stuff God had to force Ezekiel to confront in Ezekiel chapter 8. Perhaps the very same stuff as the days of Noah.10
Note added April 6, 2017: For those who want to explore some of the realities of attempted improvements (including mind control) by the US Gov't / CIA / et al. over the past 70 plus years, there are plenty of credible witnesses. Here is one to begin an awakening journey:
The CIA Doctors: Human Rights Violations By American Psychiatrists by Colin A. Ross, M.D.--------------------------/
2. Pearl of Great Price | Moses 4:1–4 ~ AND I, the Lord God, spake unto Moses, saying: That Satan, whom thou hast commanded in the name of mine Only Begotten, is the same which was from the beginning, and he came before me, saying—Behold, here am I, send me, I will be thy son, and I will redeem all mankind, that one soul shall not be lost, and surely I will do it; wherefore give me thine honor. But, behold, my Beloved Son, which was my Beloved and Chosen from the beginning, said unto me—Father, thy will be done, and the glory be thine forever. Wherefore, because that Satan rebelled against me, and sought to destroy the agency of man, which I, the Lord God, had given him, and also, that I should give unto him mine own power; by the power of mine Only Begotten, I caused that he should be cast down; And he became Satan, yea, even the devil, the father of all lies, to deceive and to blind men, and to lead them captive at his will, even as many as would not hearken unto my voice.3. http://dejavu-times.blogspot.ca/
4. As in geoengineering, GMOs, vaccine adjuvants, MKUltra, psychotropics, genetic engineering, transhumanism, virus creation; etc.
5. New Testament | 1 Peter 5:8 ~ Be sober, be vigilant; because your adversary the devil, as a roaring lion, walketh about, seeking whom he may devour:
6. Pearl of Great Price | Moses 4:6 ~ And Satan put it into the heart of the serpent, (for he had drawn away many after him, and he sought also to beguile Eve, for he knew not the mind of God, wherefore he sought to destroy the world.
Doctrine and Covenants | Section 10:27 ~ And thus [Satan] goeth up and down, to and fro in the earth, seeking to destroy the souls of men.
See also: http://dejavu-timestwo.blogspot.ca/2017/02/disrupt-and-destroy.html
7. Hugh Nibley, The World and the Prophets, © 1987 (Hugh Nibley), Deseret Book Company, SLC, Utah & FARMS, Provo, Utah; chapter 26 "The Prophets and the Plan of Life," p. 224.
8. New Testament | John 10:10 ~ The thief cometh not, but for to steal, and to kill, and to destroy: