Thursday, October 27, 2011

WILL we ever get it? (Part 1)

(CAPS, color, bold, etc. are my emphasis throughout)

“Come, follow me,” the Savior said.[1]
I am Jesus Christ; I came by the WILL of the Father, and I do his WILL. (Doctrine and Covenants Section 19:24)

I can of mine own self do nothing: as I hear, I judge: and my judgment is just; because I seek not mine own WILL, but the WILL of the Father which hath sent me. (New Testament John 5:30)

… These words are not of man nor of men, but of me, even Jesus Christ, your Redeemer, by the WILL of the Father. … (Doctrine and Covenants Section 31:13)

Jesus saith unto them, My meat is to do the WILL of him that sent me, and to finish his work.[2] (New Testament John 4:34)

Yea, even so he shall be led, crucified, and slain, the flesh becoming subject even unto death, the WILL of the Son being swallowed up in the WILL of the Father. (Book of Mormon Mosiah 15:7)

And he was withdrawn from them about a stone's cast, and kneeled down, and prayed, Saying, Father, if thou be WILLING, remove this cup from me: nevertheless not my WILL, but thine, be done. (New Testament Luke 22:41-42)

…, I am the light and the life of the world; and I have drunk out of that bitter cup which the Father hath given me, and have glorified the Father in taking upon me the sins of the world, in the which I have suffered the WILL of the Father in all things from the beginning. (Book of Mormon 3 Nephi 11:11)
-----------------/
[1] From the LDS Hymn book (1985), # 116 Come Follow Me (Text: John Nicholson, 1839-1909; Music: Samuel McBurney, b. 1847)
[2] What is that work? “For behold, this is my work and my glory—to bring to pass the immortality and eternal life of man.” (Pearl of Great Price Moses 1:39)